CF Eesha here, y’all.
Tonight is the President’s State of the Union address to Congress. If the election season so far is any indication, we know that amidst the politicians and the pundits there’s very little time for real talk.
This is one of the most important elections in recent history : there is a war on poor people; we need a deep investigation of the way corporations reign with impugnity; and we need to call out the racism and sexism that permeate our society. So…
TONIGHT, live at 7:30 p.m. ET, Jan. 24th at www.baracktalk.com.
You can submit questions to panelists from twitter, for people who tweet @TheLeague99 or use the hashtag #BarackTalk. Join the conversation, we want to ensure some real crunk representation!
The esteemed panelists include (you’ll get to ask them questions during the live tweet!):
- Goldie Taylor, MSNBC, CNN, The Grio
- Rhymefest, hip-hop artist & former political candidate
- Andreas Hale, founder of TheWellVersed
- Shaheem Reid, MTV News, XXL Mag
- Michael Skolnik, GlobalGrind
- Chuck Creekmur, CEO, AllHipHop.com
- Sabrina Hunter, author of *Skeletons in the Closet*
- Jamira Burley, anti-violence activist from Philadelphia
- Davey D, influential blogger/ activist
- Dee-1, hip-hop artist
- Phil Ade, hip-hop artist
- Janee Bolden, Bossip.com writer
- Jasiri X, hip-hop artist, co-founder of 1HoodMedia
- Paradise Gray, hip-hop artist, co-founder of 1HoodMedia
Join the convo. Represent crunk feminism. Speak up. Speak out. We need your voices!